Day Tours Pretoria
Pretoria City - Half Day.
Visit the most important historical and scenic places in Pretoria. Included in this tour are:
• The Voortrekker Monument is a unique Monument which commemorates the Pioneer history of Southern Africa and the history of the Afrikaner. Today it is one of the top ten cultural historical visitor attractions in the country.
• Church Square, was the site of the city’s first church, built in 1855. During its
early years, the square was used as a marketplace and sports field.
Today Church Square is a relaxing spot for visitors who adore 19th-century and early 20th-century architecture.
• The Union Buildings,form the official seat of the South African government and also house the offices of the President of South Africa. The building's name comes from the time of the South African Union, which was changed in 1961 to the current name, the Republic of South Africa.
• Melrose House is a stately mansion in Pretoria. Built in 1886 it gained fame during the Second Boer War (1899–1902) when Lord Roberts requisitioned it as the headquarters for the British forces after Pretoria was invaded in June 1900.
• Kruger House Museum. Paul Kruger House Museum is the house in which President Paul Kruger lived with his family from 1884 to 1900.
Cullinan Village & Diamond Mine – Half day.
The Cullinan diamond is the largest rough gem-quality diamond ever found, at 3,106.75 carats (621.35 g). The giant open pit mine at Cullinan is four times larger than the famous Big Hole of Kimberley! The Cullinan Mine is still fully operational, and still produces 25% of the world's gem-quality diamonds.